Sugar Grove – Grilled Ham
Turner – Bone In Hams
- After washing the ham, completely submerge it in cool water and allow to soak 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove ham and place with the skin side up in a covered roaster or cooking bag, with 1 to 2 inches of water.
- Place in 250ºF oven and bake until the internal meat temperature reaches 155ºF. Allow approximately 20 to 25 minutes per pound. For best results use a meat thermometer with the tip of the probe in the center of the ham, not touching the bone.
- Remove ham from roaster and trim off the skin and excess fat.
- Spread glaze of your choice over the ham and lightly brown in a 375ºF oven. Carve thin slices with a sharp knife beginning at the hock end. Cooking hints and glaze recipes are packed with each ham purchase.