Burgers’ – Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Burgers’ – Breakfast Ham Bake
- 1 1/2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup orange slices (candy chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups mixed candied fruits
- 7-8 cups flour
- Scald milk and add butter, sugar, eggs (beaten) and salt . Let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl add a cup of lukewarm water, yeast, 3 tablespoons sugar and completely dissolve before adding to the milk mixture. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, orange juice, lemon juice, sour cream, raisins, nuts, mixed candied and glazed fruit and orange slices (candy). Mix well.
- Add 7 to 8 cups of flour and mix thoroughly. Place on a floured pastry board and knead well. Let rise to double size (approximately 45 minutes.) Than shape into loaves, let rise again.
- Put in baking loaf pans (should make 6 loaves.) Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until baked completely – 30-35 minutes.