1. Soak ham overnight in cold water, if hard or over a year old.
2. Clean ham with warm water or vinegar and bristle brush.
3. Cut off hock if desired.
4. Place cleaned ham, skin side up, on a rack in an open pan or roaster.
5. Bake uncovered or in foil in a slow oven at 300º degrees or until meat thermometer reads 170º degrees; this take 25 minutes per pound. (If foil is used, sweeteners, vinegar and up to a quart of water MAY be used).*
6. When ham is done remove the skin, pour out liquid and glaze.
7. Serve hot or cold. *All oven thermostats are not accurate.