Edwards – Ham and Chicken Divan
Edwards – Country Ham and Oyster Patties
Edwards Virginia Smokehouse
Country Ham Salad
- 2 lbs. cooked country ham slices
- 8 ounce Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 4 ounce whole grain mustard
- 2 ounce hot sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1/2 dozen sweet potato biscuits
- 1 jar pickled baby beets
- Pre-heat an oven to 200 degrees F. Finely chop 2 lb. of cooked country ham slices. Zest 1/2 lemon, then cut in half. Finely chop 1 medium-sized shallot. Chop fresh parsley until there is about 1/3 cup of chopped parsley.
- Add chopped country ham, lemon zest, shallot, and parsley to a large bowl. Squeeze each half of lemon juice into the bowl. Also, add 8 oz. Duke’s Mayonnaise, 2 oz. hot sauce, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine until everything is equally incorporated**. Cover the ham salad bowl with plastic wrap and place in a refrigerator for at least one hour to allow flavors to build. **Wet ingredients can be adjusted to taste if you prefer a drier or wetter ham salad.
- MAKE BISCUIT CRUMBLE TOPPINGS Take 1/2 dozen sweet potato biscuits** and crumble eat one to bits onto a baking sheet, and set aside. Put 2 TBSP of butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Melt the butter in a microwave. Take the melted butter and drizzle it over the crumbs of sweet potato biscuits. Place the baking sheet in the oven at 200 degrees F for 1.5 hours or until crumbs are crunchy. We recommend tossing the crumbs every twenty minutes while baking. **You can bake your own sweet potato biscuits or have these pre-made biscuits for this recipe.
- Once sweet potato crumbs are fully baked, remove the ham salad from the refrigerator. Scoop at least 1 TBSP on an appetizer plate for each serving. Sprinkle sweet potato crumbs on the ham salad. Thinly slice pickled baby beets and place one slice on top of each ham salad serving. This recipe creates about 100 servings. Any leftover ham salad can be placed in a large ziplock bag and can last in the fridge for up to seven days.
Source: Country Ham Salad | Edwards Virginia Smokehouse (edwardsvaham.com)