Clifty Farm – Baking a Country Ham
Clifty Farm – Breakfast Country Ham Slices
Fried Country Ham Slices
Simply fry and enjoy our authentic country ham paired with Red Eye Gravy.
Prep Time 30 min. | Cook Time 8 min. | Total Time 38 min.
- 1 lb. Country Ham Steaks
- The ham slices should be sliced to desired thickness.
- Do not trim any excess fat from the slices until after frying.
- If ham seems too salty, soak slices in lukewarm water 30 minutes before frying.
- Place slices in skillet turning the lean part of the ham away from the hottest part of the skillet.
- Add just a little water. Fry slowly for 4 to 8 minutes.
- Turn slices frequently.
- For obtaining milder flavor, cook ham slowly in a frying pan with equal parts of carbonated beverage and water.
- Use enough liquid to cover the bottom of the pan as using too much will cause the ham to burn.
- Apple juice can also be used.