Our Mission and Service for Members
Promotion, development, and improvement of the business of country ham curers, and to encourage the sale and use of country cured meats through co-operative methods of production, promotion, education, advertisement, and trade shows are primary goals of the National Country Ham Association.
Since 1992 the National Country Ham Association (NCHA) has addressed such issues as nutritional labeling, HACCP, methyl bromide replacement, and new product development.
Just a few accomplishments of NCHA in the promotion of country ham:
- Design and approval of the NCHA logo.
- Creation of new slogan “Taste the Tradition.”
- Trademark of the above mentioned logo and slogan.
- Relationships with chefs across the country have been established on behalf of the association.
- The establishment of a relationship with many newspapers on behalf of the association.
- The creation of the association’s first brochure which features innovative recipes created by famous, high-profile chefs from across the country. With the brochure we hope to reach the younger, upscale consumer who has little experience with country am. The goal is to elevate country ham to its deserved position as a gourmet food, as well as a staple of the American diet.
Just a few member only benefits:
- Completed a Pathogen Reduction Study, through the efforts of Dr. Estes Reynolds from the University of Georgia, available to members only!
- Annual networking conference with other country ham producers, university dry-cured meats specialist, and suppliers to the industry.
- NCHA sponsors ongoing research seeking the replacement of Methyl Bromide.
- Your company link from the Countryham.org website.
- Facebook promotion through the National Country Ham Association page
- Industry assistance available through the NCHA office.