Burgers’ – Creamy Spinach and Ham Bread Bowls
Burgers’ – Creme Brulee Cheesecake
BBQ Style Ham Hock Biscuit Sliders
Make a delicious BBQ style Ham Hock slider with a tangy mustard sauce, by using your pressure cooker. Try this easy & great tasting recipe today!
- 2 to 3 lbs. Burgers’ Smokehouse Country Ham Shanks
- 2 Tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 Package biscuits or buns
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Score the ham hock and then sear in a pan on all sides to get a golden-brown coloring. Take the hock off the heat and set aside for now.
- Put the steak seasoning and dry mustard in a bowl and mix to combine. Rub the mixture onto the ham hock, making sure to get the scored parts as well.
- Pour the apple juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, and onion powder into the pressure cooker pot. Mix just to combine. Put the grate or rack into the pot and place the hock onto the rack. The liquids should be below the rack. Then place the pot into the pressure cooker.
- Set the pressure to its highest and set the timer for 45 minutes. Make sure no steam escapes the pot.
- Once the time is up, take the rack out of the cooker and remove the meat from the hock bone. Put the meat into a serving dish.
- Measure out a cup of the liquid from the bottom of the pressure cooker. Put on a small saucepan at medium-high heat and pour in the liquids. Add the mustard and molasses then stir until the sauce thickens. Pour mustard sauce into a serving bowl.
- Build a sandwich by slicing a biscuit in half and adding ham hock meat, top with mustard bbq sauce, and the top of the biscuit. Serve & enjoy!